Friday 18 March 2016

#TheCoonAwards #2016PlantationCelebration #coontrain @tarinasheed #DatKingShh #East905 #GladImCanadian

So my friend text me this flyer that really got me kind of pissed off.
 I felt I had to come here and post about it.

So some comedian has decided to take his Coon Train awards idea to the next level and has been doing actual awards for this.

This is so far beyond ridiculous I can even believe it.

So to break down: 
YOU ARE SHAMING AND MOCKING SOME OF OUR MOST FAMOUS AND TALENTED BLACK PEOPLE, BECAUSE YOU FEEL THEY ARE AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE.

AGAIN YOU ARE GOING AGAINST SOME BLACK PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU FEEL THEY ARE AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE.

I wrote it in simple terms and all caps in hopes that people can see the foolishness in that whole logic.  

Now I can probably say something about the opinions of those you are choosing to mock on the show. And some of there opinions deserve to be mocked. But sometimes certain things done so publically does nothing but make black people as a unit look even more foolish. Have white people laughing at us. However I do not see any other race pulling our people out like this. Have an award show that doesn’t raise those doing good, gives no shine to the black race in any way positive. But throws shade on some who have been successful. And want to call others coon? 
You are a leader in the divide and conquer tactic that continues to let white supremacy win. 

What possible good could become of this?
It’s exploitation of black people and black struggle for a comic to build a name and sell some tickets. 

I was going to post the flyer to show what I was talking about but I cannot give that trash any more promotion and ticket sales in good conscience.


If these shows go on, I hope the organizers and presenters and anyone involved save some awards for themselves



1 comment:

  1. these niggas need to be put on blast disrespecting there race sucking up to white people tap dancing and cooning to be accepted by whites who really don't give a damn about them

    ReplyDelete